Huddle House offers vets ‘sweet’ gesture
ASHEBORO — To show respect and express thanks for the nation’s active duty, retired and veteran military members, many of whom have put their lives on the line to protect this country, Asheboro Huddle House, 731 W. Dixie Drive, is offering a free order of Sweet Cakes to all active duty, retired and veteran military members on Veterans Day weekend, Friday-Monday, Nov. 9-12. To receive this offer, just ask about it and show your current military ID.
Farm Credit buys champion goat
STATESVILLE — The Farm Credit Associations of North Carolina purchased the Grand Champion Meat Goat in the N.C. State Fair with a winning bid of $15,500. Carolina Farm Credit partnered with AgCarolina Farm Credit and Cape Fear Farm Credit to support the fair’s Livestock Sale of Champions. The winning goat was exhibited by Caley Mayo of Whitakers. Mayo will receive 60 percent of the purchase amount, while the remaining 40 percent will go to support youth scholarships and livestock programs in North Carolina. This year’s Jr. Livestock Sale of Champions was held on Oct. 13 and brought in $190,000 to benefit youth scholarships and livestock programs.
Kelly Services hiring at Goodwill
ASHEBORO — A hiring event will be held Tuesday, Oct. 30, 1-4 p.m. at Triad Goodwill’s Asheboro Career Center, 1064 E. Dixie Drive, Asheboro. Kelly Services has openings for machine operators and packers. Benefits include, training, service bonuses, qualifying holiday pay, optional health benefits and weekly pay. Positions make up to $16 per hour. Call 336-610-0400 for more information or resume assistance.
Send us your business news
Does your local business have an announcement, such as an administrative or executive hire, special event, or expansion or renovation? If so, send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.