1. Save Our Sandhills: Save Our Sandhills will present a program on the history of the Walden and Goins families on July 26 at 7 p.m. at the Southern Pines Civic Club, at Ashe Street and Pennsylvania Avenue. Family historian Helena Hendrix-Frye is the guest speaker. The public is invited. Refreshments will be served.
2. Blood drives: The Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center has several upcoming blood drives. Donors also may go by the center, at 3357 Village Drive, Suite 150, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to make a donation. It also is open the third Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All blood types are needed, however, the center has an urgent need for type O donors. For more information, call 615-5433. Upcoming blood drives include:
• Saturday: Buffalo Wild Wings, 2097 Skibo Road, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• July 25: Bladen County Hospital, 501 S. Poplar St., Elizabethtown, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
• July 28: Cape Fear Botanical Garden, 536 N. Eastern Blvd., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• July 29: Epicenter Church, 2512 Fort Bragg Road, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. Grassroots Arts Program: Harnett County is accepting applications for 2018-19 subgrants from the Grassroots Arts Program. Grant amounts start at $500 and may be used for a variety of program expenses. Eligible organizations must have been in operation for at least a year. For an application or for more information, contact Brian Haney at 910-893-7555. The deadline for applications is July 27.
We want to hear from you: Please submit your events in writing at least 10 days in advance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax details to 486-3545. For questions, call 486-3500.