The following event cancellations and postponements have been announced due to Hurricane Matthew’s approach:
• Onslow County Fair will be closed Saturday.
Infant of Prague Catholic School will dismiss at noon on Friday. There will be no after care and all after school activities and clubs are canceled.
• Onslow County Schools is releasing two hours early Oct. 7
• Duplin County Schools is releasing two hours early Oct. 7
Ross, located at 1315 Western Blvd, closed at 6 p.m. Thursday and will not reopen until the storm has passed, according to a sign on their door Thursday evening. The Miss Onslow County Pageant has been resceheduled for Nov. 12. All Onslow County Public Library locations will be closed Saturday and Sunday. Onslow County Parks & Recreation facilities, including beach accesses, will be closed Saturday and Sunday. Onslow County Museum will be closed Saturday and Sunday. Carteret County Schools is releasing three hours early Oct. 7 Carolina Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy ground breaking ceremony, originally planned for noon Thursday, has been rescheduled for Oct. 20 at 201 Williamsburg Parkway in Jacksonville from noon to 1 p.m.. • Access roads will close on public game lands in Carteet, Duplin and Onslow counties on Oct. 6 though hunters will still be allowed access on foot. Reopening information can be viewed at ncwildlife.org/gamelands.
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s has been rescheduled for Oct. 29 held at Riverwalk Park in downtown Jacksonville. For more information, call 910-330-1549.
• The Craft Bazaar has been changed from 8th to Oct. 29th at Richlands First Christian Church due to inclement weather.
• The ground breaking for Carolina Orthopedic Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy has been postponed until Oct. 20 due to the weather.
• The Swansboro Mullet Festival scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 8 has been canceled due to the impending storm. No reschedule date has been announced.
• Hot Import Nights, which was scheduled for Oct. 8 on New Bridge St. in Jacksonville, has been postponed to spring of 2017. According to the Jacksonville-Onslow Sports Commission Facebook, all car entry fees and purchased tickets will be honored at the spring 2017 event. For more information, visit HotImportNights.com.
• The Holly Ridge Fall Fest scheduled for Oct. 9 has been canceled.
• The monthly OHVet Taskforce meeting scheduled for Friday has been rescheduled for Oct. 14 at Trillium at 9:45 a.m.
• Aviation Day at Wilmington International Airport has been canceled. A new date has not been determined.
• Cape Lookout National Seashore announced Tuesday that it is issuing a mandatory evacuation order. Day visitors were allowed to continue Tuesday but vehicle ferries were ordered to begin removing vehicles and overnight visitors, and the cabin camps are closed until further notice. Updates will be announced via the parks website nps.gov/calo and via Facebook and Twitter.
• The N.C. Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores has canceled the 26th annual Surf Fishing Workshop Weekend scheduled for Oct 7-9.
• Trash service in North Topsail Beach is canceled for Saturday Oct. 8.
Submit your organization's cancellation or closure to localdesk@JDNews.com.