Master Gardener: Keep Christmas trees in use after the holidays

Published: Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 16:41 PM.

For lawn and garden advice, visit where you can submit questions via the ‘Ask an Expert’ link, or contact your local Cooperative Extension center. If you live in Pender County, call 910-259-1235; in New Hanover County, call 910-798-7660; in Brunswick County call 910-253-2610. If you want to know where you can take old trees to be recycled, call your county’s waste services agency or public works department.


Sam Marshall is the horticulture agent with the Brunswick County Cooperative Extension of NC State University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences. 

1 2 3

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top

Weather • Surf City, North Carolina